The Master of Science in Technology Management program at Southeast incorporates appropriate
theories and practices utilized in "real-world" applications for addressing the needs
of modern industries. It is designed to serve technical managers, production supervisors,
engineers, technicians, and similar individuals to prepare for or enhance their leadership
positions in industry and related enterprises. The program is offered in both, full-time
and part-time formats. Upon completing the program, graduates will develop the ability
to implement systems, increase productivity, and improve product and/or service quality.
- Understand management and its direct role in industry.
- Participate in experiential learning opportunities within industries
- Engage in research-related activities to solve real-world application problems
- Learn production planning, applications of scientific techniques for quality control,
and assurance and management of production processes
- For consideration, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
or university in industrial/engineering technology, engineering, industrial/technical
education, or related fields with course work or a significant background in engineering
economics quality control and process management. An applicant with another degree
with a portfolio that can verify a record of successful industrial experience as a
technical manager can be admitted after completing the required prerequisite courses.
- Consideration for regular admission is based on an undergraduate grade point average
of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale. Students who do not meet the regular admission requirements
may be conditionally admitted and allowed to complete only nine graduate semester
hours. Upon completion of the nine hours at Southeast, the student must have a grade
point average of 3.33 on a 4.0 scale to be considered for full admission to the program.
For more information, visit semo.edu/polytech/academics/ms.html.
Apply for Information