All students take 21 hours of Master of Public Administration core courses, an additional
12 hours of electives, and complete an internship or thesis (3 hours). All required
courses will be completed on campus at Southeast Missouri State University or via
web-based instruction. Up to nine hours of transfer graduate credit will be accepted
if approved by the student’s major advisor. The student’s advisor will determine application
of the transfer credit hours to core courses or elective courses.
- Student must hold a baccalaureate degree from any regionally accredited college or
university (or international equivalent).
- Student must have attained an undergraduate grade point average of 2.7 or higher on
a 4.0 scale.
- Student must submit a word processed two-to-five page statement outlining professional
goals and two letters of evaluation that address the student’s potential for a career
in public service.
- The application materials must demonstrate the student’s commitment to a career in
governmental or nonprofit organizations. [This language is from the existing MSA/PA
- GRE, LSAT or GMAT scores are not required but may be submitted to strengthen application.
- A student may be admitted on a case-by-case provisional basis. A student admitted
provisionally may apply for regular status after 9 hours with a grade of B or better.
- An English language examination is required for applicants who have completed their
undergraduate education outside of the U.S.A.; a minimum TOEFL score of 600 is necessary