Emerging Leaders (EL) is a spring semester, University-sponsored student leadership
program designed to further the development of the University’s future leaders by
refining their current leadership abilities and instilling in them a commitment to
the campus and community.
The program is open to first-year and second-year students interested in developing
their leadership skills and connecting with other students. Topics such as communication,
diversity, and professionalism are covered through fun, creative activities and personal
exploration. Participants are expected to attend weekly sessions throughout the spring
semester, attend a free weekend retreat, and work together on a project in which they
apply their leadership skills.
To be eligible to participate in the EL program, a student must:
- Demonstrate potential for leadership positions and service to the University community.
- Currently be enrolled as a Southeast student.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Have completed less than 60 hours. (Exceptions may be made for students who have
over 60 hours.)
- Have successfully completed the Emerging Leaders application and a group interview
with the peer facilitator team.
Participants must make the following commitment to the EL program:
- Attend every 2-hour session held on Wednesdays, 5:30pm - 7:30pm, from January 30 -
April 24, 2019.
- Attend a free off-campus weekend retreat held Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon,
March 1 - 3, 2019.
How to Apply as a Participant in the Emerging Leaders Program:
- Applications for 2019 EL program participants will be available beginning Monday,
October 1, 2018.
- Applications are available on SE Link(sign in with SE Key and password).
Deadline to apply is 5:00pm CST on Friday, November 9, 2019.
- In addition to submitting the SE Link Application Form, potential participants are
required to participate in a group interview the week of November 12 -16 (refer to the Application Form for the link to sign up for a group interview).
- Applicants will be notified the week of November 26 if they are selected for the program
and have to confirm their participation no later Wednesday, December 5, 2019.
For more information, visit Campus Life & Event Services in UC 414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018-2019 Emerging Leaders Facilitators (ELFs):
EL Facilitator Applications:
2018-19 Emerging Leaders Facilitators (ELFs) were selected in April 2018.
Online applications for 2019-2020 ELFs will be available in April 2019.